Read Before Reserving Your Ticket
Rules of Participation
“Rules of Participation” must be observed in their entirety by all players and guests at the World Series of Board Gaming. Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification and removal from the event immediately and in perpetuity.
- Attendees are expected to behave in both a legal and civil manner at all times.
- Harassment will not be tolerated in any form, for any reason. This includes, but is not limited to; verbal or physical intimidation, unwanted physical contact, and/or any toxic behavior based on race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, appearance, sex, age, faith, or disability.
- All attendees are required to observe and maintain fair, honest play. Deliberate attempts to cheat, or circumvent a rule for personal benefit, will be cause for immediate disqualification and removal from the event.
- All Ring Event and Outer Ring Event players will be expected to know the rules for the game in which they are competing.
- Disruption of gameplay, which shall include slow play, will result in disqualification. Any player may be placed on “timed turns” to enforce this policy.
- All Ring Event competitors shall be required to finish any official game they begin. Leaving a game before its completion may result in dismissal from the WSBG.
- All Ring Event competitors shall adhere to any game rules and/or variants selected by the WSBG, which are subject to change at any time before commencement of the event.
- The recording of information through note taking or any other physical
- method is prohibited in both Ring Events and Outer Ring Events, unless explicitly allowed by the rules of the game.
- No competitor in a Ring Event may bring personal notes, strategy guides, player aids, or any form of “cheat sheet” into the Tournament Hall.
- All attendees shall handle all game components with respect and care.
- Competitors in both Ring Events and Outer Ring Events (excluding players from outside the USA and additional players from the same household) are required to provide a complete, unmarked copy of any game they register to qualify in. This copy must be the prescribed edition and contain any expansions in use by the WSBG. To see more information about this and other possible exemptions visit our FAQ section of our website under "What To Bring".
- The use of unapproved editions, expansions, promotional materials, and/or variants will not be allowed in any WSBG Ring Event.
- Games may contain upgraded components, as long as content, mechanics, and gameplay are unaffected.
- All competitors in Ring Events and/or Outer Ring Events must be at least 18 years of age. The WSBG requires that all guests under the age of 18 be accompanied by an adult while in attendance.
- English shall be the official language of the World Series of Board Gaming. Each competitor will be responsible for providing their own translator if needed.
- Only participants in the ongoing day’s qualifiers will be permitted in the tournament hall.
- No electronic devices may be used by Ring Event competitors during gameplay. This includes, but is not limited to, computers, phones, cameras, tablets, and headphones.
- The use of tobacco products, the consumption of alcoholic beverages, or the use of any illicit drugs is not permitted within the World Series of Board Gaming.
- All competitors and their guests shall be considered to have provided consent to be recorded and/or photographed by WSBG staff and/or their affiliates.
- County, state, and national health regulations will be observed and enforced during the World Series of Board Gaming.
- Cancellation of attendance must be made before September 1, 2023. See below for details
- The World Series of Board Gaming will observe and enforce any and all rules as set forth by their host site, Bally’s Las Vegas, including those concerning service animals.
It is the desire of the World Series of Board Gaming to put forth an event that is enjoyable for every attendee. More importantly, it is our responsibility to manage an event that is both nondiscriminatory and legitimate in every way possible.
By agreeing to abide by the preceding regulations and requirements, each entrant acknowledges their own consent to helping us achieve these goals.
Cancellation Policy - All tickets cancelled prior to April 1, 2023, can choose either a full refund minus 3% bank processing fee, or have their ticket funds transferred to the 2024 WSBG Vegas event. Tickets cancelled after March 31, 2023 and before Aug. 1, 2023, will have full ticket credit transferred to the WSBG Vegas 2024 event. Any ticket cancelled after July 31, 2023 and before Sept. 1, 2023, will be accessed a $50 cancellation fee and the balance of funds will be transferred to the WSBG Vegas 2024 event. There will be no cancellations accepted after September 1, 2023ill be transferred to the WSBG Vegas 2024 event. There will be no cancelations accepted after September 1, 2023